INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE:
- 1 kg (2.2 pounds) beef cubes
- 2 celery stocks cut into large pieces
- 1 red pepper and 1 orange pepper cut into large pieces
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 large red onion, chopped into large pieces
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (2 cups-500 ml)
- 1 can of vegetable juice (2 cups-500 ml)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) brown sugar
- 5 tbsp (75 ml) Honey Vinegar
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper
- A few potatoes
Brown the beef cubes in olive oil and set aside.
In the pot, brown the celery, peppers, garlic, and onion.
Add the tomatoes, vegetable juice, brown sugar, Honey Vinegar, Tabasco sauce, and salt and pepper.
Add the beef to the mix and let it simmer for 2 hours at 180°C (350°F) until the meat is tender.
One hour before the braised beef is done, add peeled and quartered potatoes to the mix.